Narela is growing as the third mega sub-city project of DDA (Delhi Development Authority) in the urban extension project of Delhi. The first two sub-cities in this project are the Rohini sub-city and the Dwarka sub-city. Narela is a Tehsil; located in the North of Delhi and shares the border with Haryana, and it is around Grand Trunk Road. Narela covers an area of 9866 hectares.
What is Narela famous for?
Narela is famous for the wide variety it offers its visitors. You can do many things in Narela, from visiting historical places like Badkhalsa Memorial Museum to going to TDI mall and enjoying a movie, Spending a night with your loved ones, and having a delightful experience at Sydney Grand Hotel & Resort. One can taste one of the best meals in Delhi here at Phelewan Dhaba.
It is widely known for being Asia’s largest food grain mandi. It is mainly famous for being an Industrial area of the North West Delhi zone.
How to reach the Narela sub-city in Delhi?
- It is approximately 12 Kms from Rohini and 3 Kms from Kundli, both known as excellent real estate destinations.
- Its nearby towns are Alipur, Mukmelpur, Bawana, and Rai. The sub-city has its railway station, Narela Railway Station.
- The metro’s nearest and most convenient connectivity is Jahangir puri station on the Red Line. An ongoing project of Delhi Metro’s Master Plan Phase IV which will go through Narela, is under construction.
- The Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) is approximately 53.7 km or 97 minutes away.
- The New Delhi Railway Station is 36.6 km or 63 minutes away, and the Old Delhi Railway Station is 33.2 km or 57 minutes away.
- One can hire a taxi or auto rickshaw to arrive at destinations in / around and to/from Narela to other places in Delhi.
- The Western Peripheral Expressway, or Kundli–Manesar–Palwal Expressway, is an operational 6-lane, 135.6 km-long Expressway. This road link is one of the longest expressways in India and has established Narela as an excellent economic center.
Narela Industrial Area – DSIDC Industrial Area
The ‘Narela Industrial Area’ began developing in the early 1980s and is today one of the most crucial areas in Delhi. The Narela Industrial Complex homes Top Industries such as the AK Auto Industry, Atlas Cycle Industries Limited, and Micron Industries.
In 1978, a ‘Land Development Agency’ was created by DSIIDC to develop 612 acres of land in Narela. DSIIDC has completed the first stage of development of 1800 plots, and this plot is allotted to the customers afterward. A common effluent treatment plant, adequate green spaces, shopping complexes, and parking are the main point of attraction. This is a modern and environmentally friendly industrial complex.
Most of the large construction of buildings, shops, and commercial spaces is completed. An area of 10 acres is put aside for the central park. In the whole complex, approximately 50,000 trees are planted.
Narela Industrial Area Companies
These are some of the famous companies which are working in Narela for years.
- Rajesh Food Industries
- Shakti Cable
- Sky Polymer Industries
- Neha Cable Industries
- Mark Cable Company
- Sunworld Industries Private Limited
- OK Masala Company
FAQ’s on Narela
1. Is Narela urban or rural?
According to sources, about 79.2% of the total population of Narela Tehsil lives in urban locations, while 20.8% live in rural regions.
2. Which direction is Narela in Delhi?
Narela is located in the North of Delhi and shares the border with Haryana.
3. Is Narela a city or state?
Narela is a Tehsil or a Sub-City.
4. How is the Narela area?
Narela is a great place to live, and all the basic niceties like hospitals, schools, colleges, and markets are available nearby. Narela captured the interest of the real estate business of Delhi around 2008-09 after the Delhi Development Authority or DDA constructed a string of LIG Flats, MIG Flats, and HIG Flats and sold them through a draw of lots. Post economic slowdown, the value of properties in this region has witnessed an incredible rise due to the high demand for affordable residential complexes which has in turn increased the demand for commercial property in this area.
5. What are the property rates in Narela
Shops and Retail Units are available at a price range of Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 3,000 per square foot while the rental value is between Rs. 15.00 to Rs. 25.00 per square foot. Office space value is priced between Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 5,000 per square foot.
Today, Narela is known as one of the last upcoming localities within the capital city of Delhi. Narela has various adventures within itself; all you have to do is start exploring.
- Delhi Travel Tips - June 22, 2021
- Banks and ATMs in Delhi - June 22, 2021
- Local Areas of Delhi - June 14, 2021