Rohini is one of the oldest sub-cities in Delhi and was established over 20 years ago. It is a residential area situated in North West Delhi District. This article will explore Rohini and why the site is popular.
Situated in the northwest part of Delhi, Rohini is the first sub-city of Delhi that comprises housing societies and all the essential amenities required for a quality life, developed by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in the 1980s. Rohini includes approximately 40 sectors and serves as home to many housing societies that cater to people from different income groups. It is also located near all the basic amenities, including schools, healthcare, markets, lush green gardens, parks, and much more. Not to forget, Rohini is well-connected to other significant localities of Delhi through the red and yellow lines of the Delhi metro.
Why is Rohini famous?
Here is what makes Rohini famous:
- Shopping: Rohini has several shopping malls, including the famous Metro Walk Mall, Ambiance Mall, Unity One and City Centre Mall, known for their various shops and entertainment options.
- Adventure Parks: Adventure Island, located in Rohini, is one of the largest amusement parks in Delhi and offers a range of rides, attractions and entertainment options. Many schools bring their students here for picnics.
- Japanese Park: Rohini is home to the famous Japanese Park, a beautiful and peaceful place that offers visitors a chance to relax and enjoy nature.
- Sports: The DD Sports Complex is spread all over Delhi and is also in Rohini. It is a popular venue for sports events and tournaments.
- Education: Rohini has several reputed educational institutions, including the Delhi Technological University, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Shaheed Sukhdev College For Business Studies, and Vivekanand Institute of Professional Studies, among others.
Rohini is popular, and many Bollywood movies have been shot in the area.
Is Rohini a good residential area to stay in?
Rohini is a perfect place to live in. It has all the amenities, such as movie theatres, shopping malls, parks, hospitals and some of the top universities and educational institutions. It is also known for its greenery and open spaces, including several parks and gardens, which provide residents with a relaxing and peaceful environment. Also, it is a well-planned area with good connectivity to other parts of the city, thanks to the Delhi Metro and road networks. Rohini has a mix of apartments and independent houses, making it suitable for all types of residents.
Complete Sector List of Rohini
Here is a list of all sectors in Rohini:
- Sectors 1 to 10: These sectors have Budh Vihar, Mangalpuri, Rithala, Pitampura, and Shalimar Bagh. These sectors are well connected to Mangalpuri Flyover, Bhagwan Mahavir Marg, and Outer Ring Road.
- Sectors 11 to 20: These sectors are connected to NH-44 (earlier NH-7) and NH-9.
- Sectors 21-30: Connected to NH-44 and Western Yamuna Canal Link Road.
- Sector 31 to 41: Connected to Bawana Road, Kanjwaha Road, Pratap Vihar, Inder Enclave, Jat Ram Marg and more.
1. Is Rohini a good area in Delhi?
Yes, Rohini is definitely a good area to stay in Delhi as it is situated close to all the basic amenities required for a comfortable living. You will find educational centres, healthcare, markets and malls situated nearby.
2. How much does it cost to stay in Rohini?
The property rates in Rohini differ from sector to sector but are very much affordable to provide you with a comfortable life. Residential rates of land in sectors like 13 and 14 fall from Rs 12,000 to Rs. 15,000 per square foot. While rates in sectors like 23 and 25 are around Rs.5,500 to Rs. 8,000.
3. What is the history of this place?
Set up in 1980, Rohini is one of the oldest planned sub-city of Delhi, comprising Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flats. Since then, Rohini has developed to be one of the well-connected localities of Delhi, comprising people from different social groups residing here.
4. What is it like to live there?
Rohini provides a comfortable life to its residents as it is well-connected to other localities of the capital through modes of transportation, well-maintained lush green parks, healthcare, malls and educational institutions. The only drawback is that it is located in one corner of Delhi and the travel time is a lot from anywhere.
5. How to reach by metro?
Here is the list of metro stations:
- Rohini East (Red Line)
- Rohini West (Red Line)
- Rithala (Red Line)
- Pitampura (Red Line)
- Rohini Sector 18,19 (Yellow Line)
The New Delhi Railway Station is 15.2 km or 36 minutes away by Metro, and the Old Delhi Railway Station is 14 km or 32 minutes via the Metro link.
Overall, Rohini is a good residential area to stay in Delhi, with its good infrastructure, connectivity, greenery, and peaceful environment. It offers ample resources for shopping, enjoying multi-cuisines, entertainment, or just hanging out with friends and family.