Vasant Kunj is a prime residential area in the southern part of Delhi, surrounded by a number of a number farmhouses and houses approximately 1000,000 residents making it the largest colony in Asia. It encompasses areas like Munirka and Vasant Vihar and borders Mahipalpur, Masoodpur also spelled as Masudpur and Saket. It has residential colonies that are surrounded by a lush green environment. It is also known as one of the most developed and plushest localities in Delhi. Vasant Kunj is also home to many prominent celebrities, bureaucrats, and VIPs.
When did Vasant Kunj establish?
The Indian Government acquired massive farmlands from nearby Villages like Munirka, Masoodpur, and Mahipalpur in the early 1960s and established the Vasant Kunj region in South Delhi. The construction work began during the late 1980s and this responsibility was awarded to the Delhi Development Authority (DDA)
Vasant Kunj was then divided into four sectors named A, B, C , and D Sectors and each of them [other than Sector A] was further subdivided into pockets numbered from Pocket 1 up to Pocket 7. Sector A is the first and the oldest Sectors of the lot to be developed and was subdivided into pockets named as Pocket A, Pocket B , and Pocket C. Each Sector also homes its own local shopping centers that provide all the essential daily needs for a comfortable settlement and is often seen crowded with youngsters and residents of the region.
Basic amenities in Vasant Kunj
- Restaurants and nightlife – Vasant Kunj is also considered as one of the most well-organized regions in South Delhi that is self-contained. Be it a movie theatre, eating joint or a restaurant with exquisite cuisine, Vasant Kunj has it all. This place has also got some of the best and oldest clubs in the town where you can enjoy a glass of wine, spirits, beer, and cocktails. It has its own pubs and discotheques for an invigorating nightlife experience. Vasant Kunj has got few of the best cafes and bars, like Smoke House Deli, Plattos, Mamagoto, DKK, and Jamie’s Italian, to name a few.
- Shopping Hub – Vasant Kunj was initially a prime residential area that has developed into one of the most popular commercial centers in South Delhi. It is home to a few of the famous malls of Delhi, including Ambience Mall and the high-end malls, DLF Promenade and DLF Emporio, that all the fashion lovers in the city stroll at.
- Healthcare – You will find several renowned hospitals like Fortis Ranjan Dhall Hospital, Indian Spinal Injuries Center, and Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences that provide the best healthcare services in the south of Delhi.
Vasant Kunj is well connected to the metro on the blue and yellow line. Qutab Minar metro station is the nearest metro station on the blue that connects to the HUDA City Centre metro station. Another metro station close to Vasant Kunj is the Chattarpur metro station. You can take a cab or an auto rickshaw to go towards the same.
Vasant Kunj is also located close to prominent areas of the Delhi NCR region such as Gurgaon reachable at a distance of 15 km, Noida is 27 Kms away and Ghaziabad is 46 km away. Vasant Kunj is situated in close proximity to important places in Delhi and offers ease of connectivity and commuting by road. You can access all the major parts of the city, easily from here. For example, Qutub Minar, AIIMS, ISBT Kashmiri Gate, and Rajouri Garden are closely located within a few kilometers.
You can easily access the train from the Nizamuddin railway station which is situated 20 km away and flights from Indira Gandhi International and Domestic Airport, which is situated around 13-15 km away.
- Delhi Travel Tips - June 22, 2021
- Banks and ATMs in Delhi - June 22, 2021
- Local Areas of Delhi - June 14, 2021